Advertise on this blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

Press: Zanjeer remake is a compliment: Amitabh Bachchan

Megastar Amitabh Bachchan, who starred in the 1973 blockbuster Zanjeer, says he has no opinion on the remake of the film and rather takes it as a compliment that the movie is getting made again.
The remake had initially faced some opposition with the original film’s writers raising objection, but the matter was sorted out recently.
The new Zanjeer is being directed by Apoorva Lakhia of Shootout At Lokhandwala fame and starring Ram Charan, son of South superstar Chiranjeevi.
Bachchan, 69, recently met them while he was at Film City shooting for an ad. “While on set I learnt that ‘Zanjeer’ the II was being shot on an adjoining floor and that Charan the hero and its maker Apoorva Lakhia wanted to visit me.
“Charan is a very successful star in his own right in Telugu cinema, he is the son of superstar Chiranjeevi, a dear friend. I met them and wished them well. The producer is Prakash Mehra’s son Amit… The rights belong to Mehra and they have the right to make or remake what they like. I cannot have a say in it,” Bachchan wrote on his blog.
“I worked as an artist in the film and got my remuneration for it. Over! Seeking my opinion would be incorrect.. For this I can only give my very best wishes. I do hope they will make a successful film. It is a compliment to the film being remade – it was worthy of remaking when you had a hand in making the original. How many films do carry the benefit of a remake, is what needs to be appreciated also,” Bachchan added.
Big B was starred opposite wife Jaya Bachchan in the original film along with yesteryear actors Pran, Ajit and Bindu.
Actress Mahie Gill has been roped in to play Bindu’s character Mona in the remake.

Leave a Reply

    RELATED POSTS