Advertise on this blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

'Hatfields & McCoys' Kevin Costner: 'Life is all about whose pig it is'

Image Description hereZap2it: Are you still playing in a band?


Kevin Costner: We have had this band about five years. We like to play. I haven't played since we started this. I've taken the guitar to set but haven't played. I am the worst player in the band. The others play all day. I use the guitar to write with. Two of these guys were in the first band I was ever in.

Zap2it: Did you grow up playing instruments?

Kevin Costner: I played classical piano when younger, and six years ago my wife said, "Why don't you play? You are happiest onstage."

Zap2it: What music do you listen to?

Kevin Costner: Almost anybody. Music is so mood-oriented. Sometimes you just come bopping into some old Motown song. Music is all over the board for me. A lot of my formative years were in Ventura [Calif.]. "Where Do We Go From Here?" In 1969, I was 13. I had a brother in Vietnam, and I was trying to kiss a girl. We had a walk on the moon and Bob Dylan songs, and I watched a generation headed north to San Francisco, 30 to 40 kids hitchhiking up from Ventura.

Zap2it: The trials your "Hatfields & McCoys" character, Devil Anse Hatfield, endures, do you think those are relatable?

Kevin Costner: It's no different people fighting over a pig [as the Hatfields and McCoys did] or a view in Malibu. We've been in a lawsuit because I didn't want a right of way (anything blocking his view). Life is all about whose pig it is.
Follow Zap2it on Twitter and Zap2it on Facebook for the latest news and buzz
Photo/Video credit: NewsCom

Leave a Reply

    RELATED POSTS